Michelle Winchell, ND, MSAOM
I’ve been seeing Dr. Michelle as my primary care provider for about 3 years. From the first appointment with her, I felt valued and appreciated. She treats people with respect and love. That is rare, in my experience. I feel like I matter to her, and that means a lot. Her knowledge of the human body, health and healing are vast and it is growing. She is a true healer, in the best sense of the word.- Kirsten in Portland, OR
Poor Sleep, Insomnia, Anxiety, Irritability, Mood Swings, Mild-to-Moderate Depression, Chronic Stress, Neurotransmitter Imbalances, Nervousness, Excessive Worry, Feeling “Tired + Wired”
Fatigue, Heavy or Painful Periods, Tender Breasts, Thyroid Imbalances, Irregular Periods, PMS, PCOS, PMDD, Menopause, Low Sex Drive, Infertility, Temperature Imbalances, Sugar + Salt Cravings, Unwanted Hair Growth
Hashimoto’s, Early-Onset Arthritis, Grave’s, Digestive Issues, Frequent Colds & Flus, Allergies, Dry Skin, Brittle Nails, Thinning Hair, Food Sensitivities, Leaky Gut, Multiple Chemical Sensitivities
My partner cooks pretty much ALL my meals. I swear, if it weren’t for him, I would not have the brain power to fuel my passion and purpose. He’s an amazing cook and blows my mind with his nutrient-dense innovative recipes. Filled with so much gratitude!
For my 29th birthday, during my last year of med school, I flew to Barcelona on a solo trip for two weeks. I was pretty decent at speaking Spanish (although a not-so-secret goal of mine is to become fluent!), but I didn’t realize that the majority of people there spoke Catalan (brain fart!). So, I cried for two days straight before I picked my butt up and started to soak in the city. If you want to feel crazy empowered, I definitely recommend taking a solo trip.
I used to be a pretty decent guitar player. When I was still in high school, I was taking an “Advanced Guitar Techniques” course at the local community college with only four other students. To be honest, I haven’t picked it up for years, but who knows, I may get the itch soon.
Dr. Michelle is, first of all, a beautiful soul. She is kind, patient, and a wonderful listener. I can FEEL her healing energy and that she truly cares about her patients and colleagues. I have come to her often with questions about how to manage complex patients. Her insights and experiences are always excellent, well supported and patient centered.
Her go getter attitude, amazing discipline, organizational skills and professionalism will continue to serve her in her medical practice, as will her vast knowledge base in both Naturopathic Medicine, Acupuncture, and Functional Medicine. She is a scholar and is committed to furthering her knowledge base through continuing medical education and seminars. I have been very impressed by her patient protocols–she has put great thought and energy into each of them.
Dr. Michelle is a natural born healer, of that I have no doubt. I am blessed to know her and clients are lucky to meet her because she will do everything in her power to help them become the best versions of themselves.- Dr. Maysa Alavi in Los Angeles, CA
Education & Associations
- Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine, Bastyr University
- Master’s in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine, Bastyr University
- Bachelors of Science in Biology, University of California at Davis
- The Institute for Functional Medicine – IFM Certified Practitioner Candidate
- Applied Functional Medicine in Clinical Practice
- Gastrointestinal Advanced Practice Module
- Cardiometabolic Advanced Practice Module
- Immune Advanced Practice Module
- Detox Advanced Practice Module
- Herbal Medicine for Women with Dr. Aviva Romm – Current Student
- Ling Gui International Healing Qigong School – Current Student
- American Association of Naturopathic Physicians (AANP) – Current Member
- The Institute for Functional Medicine (IFM) – Current Member
- Oregon Association of Naturopathic Physicians (OANP) – Current Member
- Washington Association of Naturopathic Physicians (WANP) – Current Member